My Name: Josselyn

Leave a Comment
In German my name means the tribe Gauts. In English it means me. It means quick, it means individuality. It is like the number ten. A bright color. It is the misunderstood chair, sitting in the corner.
It was a reporter's name on TV and now it is mine. She was a random woman, talking while my mother was in the hospital - with me inside her belly - going through contractions, she didn't think about it, it just happened.
That reporter. I have never seen her, but for some reason have obtained her name. I wonder if she's still on the news. I wonder if many people have had that happen to them. Have a name that doesn't have an entire story behind it. Short, and sweet.
Nobody ever spells it right. My parents didn't know how to write so they just sounded out the name and, POOF. It was written in a unique way. Joselyn, Jocelyn, Joselin, Jocelen. Teachers sometimes slip out a zzzzz sound but I don't know why. No z's. Only s's. Double s's. Friends at times call me Joss. Short, and sweet.

 Sometimes I'm not fond of my name. Nobody can spell it. I can never find the real meaning to it. But I like it. It is spelt with individuality. I wouldn't change it. Never.

Sorry I have been so gone from this blog! I should updater way more often, but I started school and had to type a little vignette like the one in House on Mango Street "My Name". I liked how it sounded so I thought I would put up here. Will post more!!!!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.