(●♡∀♡)

2 comments
Selfys. Selfies. Pictures of yourself. Something we should all be proud to be able to do. Some are too scared to post one on a social media platform, while others have the courage to do it. I find them so interesting and so important to today's culture.When someone posts a picture of themselves anywhere, I feel so proud of them. They feel beautiful and confident and they want to share that to the world. So that is my theme for this photoshoot. Being able to be yourself and not let others' opinion of you affect you.
My friends were kind enough to take part in this little project so here we go:
When people say "I love myself" or "I love the way I look today", many people find that conceited. Why has self-loving become something you should be ashamed of? It is something you should be proud of. I have been able to delete the word "conceited" from my vocabulary because I honestly don't believe in that, whatsoever. If you love yourself, GOOD FOR YOU. Loving yourself can bring so much joy and happiness into your everyday life!!!!!
It's tough being able to love how you look, it really is. It's not simple to look into a mirror and see yourself as beautiful. Many people struggle with this. Here's a piece of advice that may sound weird, but actually helped me: fake it. Fake not caring and fake thinking you look gorgeous today. Soon enough, I swear, you will begin to believe it because YOU ARE and you'll begin to see that. Look into the mirror and tell yourself a compliment, even if you don't think it's true, still do it. Hopefully that will lead into the truth that you are a wonderful, beautiful human being.
Sometimes you will feel ugly or terrible about yourself, and that's O.K. Everybody has their bad days and it's not a big deal. If want to be sad, BE SAD, but remember to pick yourself up before it gets into a deeper level. If you want to lock yourself in your room and just watch netflix because people have been annoying you, that's totally fine, DO IT. Having time for yourself can help so much, it can help build up your positivity and energy.
Remember to love yourself. Remember taking pictures of yourself is totally awesome. Remember to keep an open mind. Remember you are an aaaamaaaazing human. Remember being upset and wanting to be upset is okay. Remember your opinion matters the most.

Thank you to my two best friends, Karl Lo and Brianna, for letting me dress them and take pictures of their puuuurtyyyy faces. U GUYS ROCK. Hopefully you felt some kind of joy in reading this or just some kind of positivity, whatever it is. Talk to u all soon =^^=

2 comments:

victory said...

i'm so in love with this post and your pictures. i love the outfits your friends are wearing and i especially love the concept! loving yourself and self confidence is so important and I totally agree with your tip about faking it until you start to believe it yourself! I'm super excited to keep reading your blog! x

http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

Josselyn Palma said...

wow, thank you so very much for this!!! it's made my day :-)

Powered by Blogger.