ʕ•͡ω•ʔ

2 comments
(While I am ranting about some things, I shall insert some pictures for random visuals [and a little preview of my very cute disposables that I will post soon] with little captions!)
Hypocrisy. Such a strong, unappealing trait, but..it's everywhere. Freshman year, I learned how much of a hypocrite people can be, including me. I tried avoiding it..which I did, for the most part, but then I realized something..it's something everyone does and is, no matter how hard they try to deprive themselves from it. It can be above water or deep inside the ocean, where it's hidden, but sometimes it floats and you can't really stop it from happening. This sounds pretty cynical, and it is, but we have to realize these things, I think. You may not like to call yourself a hypocrite, which is everybody, I mean it's not the best thing you can call yourself, but I think it's good to be aware of it? Perhaps you can suppress it so maybe one day you won't cause hypocrisy at all, but it's tough. For example, people advocate for animal rights, stop the slaughtering and fight against caged animals!!!! BUT, then they go to their regular grocery store and buy a chicken that lived in a tight cage with hundreds of other chickens, being filled up with chemicals and can barely walk...I guess what I mean is that, it's hard to not be a hypocrite sometimes. Obviously, there are things that you can't prevent from happening or something, but y'know!!! Hypocrisy..what a terrible, but popular trait.
My sistaaah and I lookin' cute as evaaa on a rainy day!!!!
So, as most of have heard, there has been another shooting that involves racism and white privilege. It seems that it's getting worse and worse each day and it SUCKS. Cops are being thanked for their service while tackling innocent black people and white people are being saved from getting shot when they just killed an innocent life. Man, is the world messed up, but I would like to shine some positivity behind all of this. I think one of the reasons why more and more of this is appearing is because people are ACKNOWLEDGING what wrongs are occurring throughout the United States. More and more people are becoming activists and becoming AWARE of their surroundings and that's so cool! I mean, we still got a lot of work to do, clearly, BUT the more people that are becoming aware, the more help we have to change it all. Always try to become aware yourself and do your own research because it can make a difference, even if it's juuuuust an inch. Shitty things are happening, but those shitty things are being talked about, which means change is happening, inch by inch.
I thought this was very Twin Peaks/Audrey Horne-esque with my cutie, Luna!!!
One more thing. Since I am on summer vacation with no summer assignment, I have felt completely USELESS. I have NOTHING to do!!!!! I considered taking up a job, but I thought about it and I felt it may not be worth it because I only have less than 3 months left till I leave...it make sense it my head (and thinking about having a job gives me maaajor anxiety)!!! Yesterday, I cleaned out drawers because that was the only thing I thought was productive..CLEANING MY DRAWERS?!?!?! Man, I mean it's chill and all, but I HAVE NO PURPOSE!!! But it's whatevaaaa, I've just been watching a crap load of Netflix, killing brain cells, y'know the regular ahhahaha. ALSO, I am going die because of college money. The future is very stressful, especially when your life is basically just starting. It's definitely a mix between excitement and being completely terrified, which I have said alot, I know, bUT THAT'S HOW I CAN EXPLAIN IT!!!
Top is from GradNite and bottom is from Praaaaam. Disposables come out soooo cute, love 'em.
I haven't done a post like this in a while and it feels preeeeetty good, I definitely need to do more of these, instead of personal life ones, which are cool, too, but I feel like these are more..interesting?? Hahaha, thanks for reading!!! =^^=

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel ya so deeply on the college stress and job thing. I'm leaving for college in less than three months too and despite my anxiety I applied for a job but now I'm dreading actually getting called in for an interview lmao anyway.... great post and lovely pictures xoxox

victory said...

You're so totally right about being aware of the hypocrisy that's ingrained in us. I feel like one major problem is not only being a hypocrite (which we all are at times) but also being ignorant. If you call out hypocrisy and someone doesn't accept it, but rather justifies it or w/ever, it reflects terribly on that person. Like with your example of fair animal treatment, if that person decides to justify them-self, instead of being aware of that hypocrisy, it's like a double-whammy of terrible personality traits, especially since ignorance can be unlearned.

On race, although sometimes it feels like I'm drowning in a lake of sheer despondence because of the whole matter, I so agree with you, man. Like our generation can truly do some major shit here, what with social media and the ability to spread information quickly, if more of us can be aware of what's going on. we can spark that well needed conversation that could spark some sort of change! Awareness is GOOD, and I'm so happy to see more and more people realizing that!

Anyways, sorry for the super long comment, these kinda posts get my brain box workin'! I hope you have a good summer with whatever it is you're doing/decide to do! x

vogueescapade.blogspot.ie

Powered by Blogger.