( 。•̀ᴗ-)~*♡

8 comments
It's nice to think people are nice. It's nice to think the world is..nice. But that's not reality. BUT let's forget about reality for this post. Rookie was having an event last week for promo because Rookie Yearbook 4 finally came out and so I obviously wanted to go, BUT didn't have the book so I felt kindaaa awkward going. That's what I tweeted Tavi Gevinson and she actually responded??? She told me that is was totally fine and people without the book were always welcomed so I clearly was FREAAKING OUUUT and then I get a random tweet. This random person just tweeted me, offering to buy the book for me!!!!!! I KNOW. I didn't think it was real until I actually held it in my hand (no worries, no creepyness was involved). So, I went to the event and met the one and only Tavi Gevinson and it was magical. I had a little conversation with her and she was just such a sweet person and it was so cool to meet that person that inspires your blog everyday.
Back to the concept of being nice, there are just awesome people. Tavi was as wonderful as you'd imagine and the person who bought me the book just as a kind gesture...C'MON?!?!?!
This was when I told her about the person buying me the book, she was in complete shock (and so was I) and it was awesome.
// dress - thrifted // socks - H&M // shoes - Forever21 (I think) // choker - myself // (AREN'T HER PANTS THE CUTEST?!?!?!?)
She is sooo tiny, but of course I am shorter than her (we look the same height because I'm wearing little platforms. Oh, to be tall one day.)
Rookie Yearbook 4 is just as magical and beautiful as you'd expect it to be. Full of well-written, relatable, funny, cute, awesome, amazing, etc., etc., stories and DIYs. Check out Rookie, it's pretty awesome. It helped me go through high school because there would be stories I would be able to relate to and didn't know others were going through the same thing..y'know? I think I talked about this before, but it's a great feeling knowing you're not alone.
Alright and wow, what is this?! An outfit of the day!? WHAT?! Yeah, I know, it''s been awhile, but they're going to start coming. I need to start sharing outfits again so that I can see what I use to wear. It's quite entertaining looking back at old posts and seeing what I wore.
// jacket - thrifted // shirt - Forever21 // pants - thrifted // socks - H&M // shoes - Vans //
I don't think I've talked about this, but I decided a while ago I won't be buying shirts/pants/jackets new, like from Forever21, H&M, Old Navy, Urban Outfitters, etc. because they are all corrupt and I don't feel comfortable knowing they don't treat their workers very well and I KNOW that. Although, I am going to continue buying socks/shoes/interior because I gotta. I am contradicting myself, but I'm trying to lessen it. Also, I've decided I'm getting bangs once I go back home and I might chop off my hair, but we'll see how that goes.

Thank you to my cool ass friend Karl Lo for taking these pictures. U da 1. 
So yeah. OH SHOOT, I FORGOT!!! Here's a playlist my funny friend Mia Pia made. For these next few posts I will have Spotify playlists posted at the end of them so that you guys can listen to new music (possibly). I just love seeing friends' playlists because each describes them so well, it's amazing. They also include a little introduction to what you're about to listen to! So here ya go!!! =^^= 
Mia: Well, here’s a little bit about this playlist! To be honest, my music is all over the place as you can see by the artists listed. Josselyn told me I was only allowed to pick 10 songs and it was probably the most difficult thing I’ve had to do. I can listen anywhere from acoustic, to reggae, to rock… it honestly depends on my mood at the moment. Well, for all of those that wish to be me here is your chance. 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wahoooo! You da cutest bffflllll & de nada!

Annika said...

Oh my god that story about the yearbook is the stuff of like, dreams. Especially that you got to meet the one and only Tavi! and that outfit (w/ the pastel jacket) is so cute, and you are just the most adorable person :)

WonderGoth

Julissa said...

girl, the last picture is so so cute! Also the lighting makes your hair look red at the ends and it looks super cool

Josselyn Palma said...

Thanks (✿◠‿◠)

Josselyn Palma said...

I know!!! It was just a crazy two days. You're sooo sweeet ❤(ˆ‿ˆԅ)

Josselyn Palma said...

Thanks, Julissa!!!!! And wow you're right, I didn't even notice!!!!

Shelby said...

lady!!! i just went completely fair trade/ ethical/ sustainable/ made in USA only with my clothes! or thrifted of course. it is definitely a challenge, but if you are really into it there are SOOOO many places that sell socks, undies, and shoes as well!!

Josselyn Palma said...

No way?!?! Oh, that's right, made in US products are much better!! I think my sister tried doing it as well, but it gets kind of expensive, but I will definitely try my hardest!!!!

Powered by Blogger.