all I want for christmas is...CONSUMERISM!!!

14 comments
Holidays scare me...I know. Whaaatttt?? I mean c'mon, everybody is hustling around to different stores (and some people actually get hurt by this) trying to find gifts for their loved ones in order to show them how much they love each other? Spending all this money and time to prove how much they care about each other...with consumerism?!?!?!? WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO!!! I know, being a bit dramatic. I totally get it all, the spirit of holidays is fun and cool and the lights and Christmas trees and chocolates and pretty wrapping paper and so on and so on is all awesome, but....is it? Are we just doing what companies want us to do? (YES.) Are we just being brainwashed? (BASICALLY.) Do we realize? (PROBABLY.) But do we stop it? (NOPE.) So...my point is...do we humans want to stop this capitalist brainwashing? We all know these holidays are just a way for these corrupted ass corporations to get MORE money and become ever bigger than they are. Obviously the idea of spending time with family and eating good food and snugglin' up with our blankets is nice, but in reality..are we just trying to hide away from the fact that MONEY is TAKING OVER?!?!?!? DO MOST OF US EVEN CARE?!?!?! Something to think about...
Here's a little photo set about this:
I know this may be too cynical for some of y'all at this time of year, but it's good to be reminded!! If I don't post before Christmas, I hope you all have so much fun with loved ones and food and everything around you. Remember it's not all about presents and stuff, it's about being surrounded by jooooyyyy!!!! =^^=

14 comments:

Inés Cardó said...

Lovely pictures and quotes <3 <3

www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

Josselyn Palma said...

thank you!!!

Julissa said...

THESE PHOTOS ARE SO CUTE WOW I'M OBSESSED

Josselyn Palma said...

THAAANKKSKSS JUULISSA!!!!!

Zoe Thompson said...

How have I just found your blog?!? it's AMAZING and I love this post! <3 <3

Josselyn Palma said...

I know, same here!!! I'm so glad I found your blog, so cute. Thank you so much!!!

Arianne said...

Just found your blog and ADORE it - had to follow you! The consumerism thing is too true, most people focus on how lavish or expensive their gift is and get a bit bummed when it's not all that....really like your photoset btw
Have a happy new year and feel free to check out our latest post x
LOOK LOVE WEAR

Josselyn Palma said...

Thank you so much!!!! Sometimes it can have an affect on a person's personality and that's kind of really sad, but oh well hahaha. Have a happy new year as well!!! :)

melody said...

awesome post!!!

young soul said...

Ahh I am SO IN LOVE with that post! I've always wanted to make such a little photo story, all those pictures look so fab!
Also, HAPPY NEW YEEEEAR lovely!!!
xx

http://teenapes.blogspot.com/

Lexie said...

Love this, so truee! Happy new year! xo
www.lexiealexandra.com

Josselyn Palma said...

thank you!!!

Josselyn Palma said...

Thanks so much!!! It was so fun making them, you should definitely create one. Happy new year to you tooooo!!!!! :)

Josselyn Palma said...

Thank you!!! Happy new year :)

Powered by Blogger.