EMBODY

15 comments
Fashion and my style has always been something I take seriously because it's how I (and many others) express themselves. By serious I don't mean dressing in some business outfit or something hahaha, but something I take time to think about everyday and try to be creative with. It's my outlet. It's how I get through the day. I think I said this a while ago, but if I don't feel good in my outfit and am rushed..I'll have a bad day. I have to love my outfit and be proud of the product I created!!!
Fashion is SO FUN!!!! And shouldn't have rules AT ALL!! I remember when denim on denim was worn by like the devil and now it's becoming so trendy. Rules are becoming scarce in the ~**~*~fashion industry*!*!*! and it's so cool!!! We should wear weird shit together and make a unique outfit!!! Wear patterns that don't """match""" each other. Wear a TON of jewelry. Wear bold ass makeup. JUST DO U!!!! Have fun with it because it's one of the few things we can actually control in life. (and you don't have to appropriate someone's culture to do so)
 // sweatshirt - thrifted // dress - thrifted // amethyst necklace - etsy (she doesn't have it on her shop anymore, but here's a similar one) // shoes - second-hand // socks - H&M // hoops - Forever 21 //
Not only should we dress the way we want to, but compliment everyone!!! I haven't been in the greatest state of mind right now, which I'll talk about soon, but I was crying walking around campus and this girl saw me, and complimented my outfit, knowing I was upset. I know she said that because she saw that I was crying and it was one of the nicest things anyone has done!! It didn't completely rid me of sadness, but it was so sweet, it felt good! Compliments are so very simple, but can boost someone's self-esteem in seconds!!!
Also, I have had my fair share of weird/judgmental looks and  yeah it has bugged me a few times, but ya get over it!! They either envy you that you're able to be confident in something or are just not open-minded enough. The moral of the story is: DOOOO UUU!!!!! Because it's so fun to be yourself, man!!!! Life should be fun (even if it isn't sometimes). Don't restrict yourself because there may be some people who will judge you, but who the hell cares?! This is YOUR life, don't let some random suppress your individuality.
Moral of the story: BEING YOU IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND WONDERFUL AND FUN AND AWESOME AND EVERYTHING GOOD IN THE WORLD. Remember that. =^^=

15 comments:

Adele said...

yaaasss couldn't agree with you more. I feel happiest when I put some thought and effort into my outfit and that's when I feel comfortable! Also, just when you think someone is giving you serious shade for an outfit, they might be the person to give you the sweetest compliment! :) Love your vintage shirt dress and amazing sweater btw

http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

A said...

yesssss! I've shied away so much from wearing what I really wanted to because I was worried what others would think and about the weird looks. You're too cool

Josselyn Palma said...

Yes!!! My outfits always bring me so much joy. And that's so true!! You should never automatically think someone is judging you. Thank you so much!!!

Josselyn Palma said...

Honestly my best tip is fake it till ya make it. I did that all the time in high school and finally am able to be who I am no matter what. Soon enough you'll get to that stage!!! You're way cool, too!!!!!

Zoe Thompson said...

wow those outfits are so cute, and so are u!! outfits are really important in making one feel good; i get so stressed out if i haven't picked my outfit the night before cos i know ill be rushed and end up picking something mediocre to wear which means there's a 99.9% chance that my day will be shite hahaha.

Josselyn Palma said...

Yes!!! I totally feel ya. It's an important (and easy) thing to make my day better. Thank you, cool grrrrl!!!!

Unknown said...

i loved reading this because I'm the exact same, fashion is a huge creative outlet and form of self expression for me! If I don't like my outfit or I've just thrown it together it makes me feel so much worse, I'm glad someone feels the same because I thought it was just me!
http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Rebecca Miriam said...

I honestly love your description box in the sidebar - you rock!

xx, rebecca
awayinparadise.blogspot.de

Josselyn Palma said...

yES!!!! Honestly, it's the best finding people who feel the same way towards something, you're too awesome!!!!

Josselyn Palma said...

Man, I haven't changed that since I started this blog (like 4-5 years ago?), thanks so much for liking it!!!!!

Esme Madeline said...

wow wow wow you are definitely the coolest person I've encountered today (does virtual count hur hur) and your outfit is absolutely fresh. you queen <333

www.esmemadeline.blogspot.com

Josselyn Palma said...

oh my, you are too sweet!!! Thank you soooo much

Olivia Noel said...

Pretty woman! I love your necklace and the print of your dress! xx

Josselyn Palma said...

Thanks so much!!!!

Zaynab Abigail said...

You find the best thrifted pieces! Love your style and the fashion positive message in this post!

Powered by Blogger.