going gets tuff

12 comments
I've always promoted accepting oneself and other's, but on another level, I think it's also important to accept sadness within ourself and our community. I've dealt with sadness in various ways, but lately I began to think about how it will always be around us...and that's okay, even though it sucks.
Here are some collages I created that sort of represent the paragraph above it. Above: The collage has blue all around it, but in the middle is what we are..still bright even with the blue.
I like to think of myself as a cheery person. I try my best to not get sucked into one of my famous funks and just fucking live my life man. I always think about how we don't know what happens after we die, so we really need to take advantage of what we are..right now. I don't want to live my life thinking it sucks and being sad because I've been there and it's not fun. What's even worse is having the people I love be sad and perhaps miserable. That's what's been getting me down.
We're all blue at some point in our lives.
I know we can't all be happy all the time, I've accepted that, but it's just so hard not to be upset and angry at the fact that life creates sadness and it comes around whenever it wants to!!! It's so hard for me to understand that we can't all be happy because I want my family, friends, you guys, EVERYONE to be so very happy and to live their/your lives to the fullest and experience everything...but this just isn't possible.
Some people I found in a magazine that seem to be living their lives and being so very successful.
It's obviously not anyone's fault that sadness likes to peek through everyone's lives. No one can help it, but let it into their experiences. Any kind of sadness shouldn't be taken lightly. Every feeling is so damn important and should be addressed with acceptance.
Different emotions.
Y'know, sometimes you just have to think: LIFE SUCKS, and move on. Because it is difficult, but I like to think the universe and Mother Nature wouldn't give us something we can't handle. I always want to promote positivity, but I also want to express that life can be very tough, but we can go through it. Love you guys =^^=

12 comments:

Unknown said...

yes yes yes!! i feel like we've all been trained to disregard emotion and put more 'important' stuff first. i totally agree with the way that you've said 'ever feeling is so damn important and should be addressed with acceptance'. these collages/ illustrations you've included are delightful, by the way.

- kalopcia.blogspot.com x

Zoe Thompson said...

Luv this message! ♡

Josselyn Palma said...

Agreed!!! I think in order for us to get in touch with ourselves, emotions are one of the first things we really need to understand and take a moment to look at. Thanks so much!!

Josselyn Palma said...

Thank you, Zoe!! :-)

Rachel Y. said...

Really love your message here. All feelings are indeed important!! in any case I think channelling such feelings into productive means is a great method of getting it all out. Staying in a heap of stagnation prolongs sadness - which I am guilty of, haha. Nonetheless these are lovely collages :)

As much as I detest the sudden bouts of sadness, or long periods of feeling down, I think in some respect it helps us to better appreciate the privileges around us. Happiness isn't something we can merely chase down and call ours, so we shouldn't expect to be ever-present in our life. Everything is transient - which means, sadness won't hang around forever, thankfully!

Josselyn Palma said...

Agreed!! We really need to use our feelings to our advantage and, just like you said, use it towards something productive!! And I never thought about it that way!! We can definitely see our privilege when we're down, I guess it can open our eyes to see what positive aspects we have in life. Emotions change everyday, you are very right on that. We won't be stuck on this one feeling forever!!

Cília (When I grow up I want to be a granny) said...

I think it's a good reflection, and the collages match with the theme!

Josselyn Palma said...

Thanks!!!

Mali Michaela said...

such a good message and great collages! <3
really love this post
malimichaelablog.blogspot.com

Josselyn Palma said...

Thanks so so so much!!

young soul said...

OMG THOSE JOURNAL ENTRIES ARE THE BEST AHHH I seriously fell in love with this
<3

http://teenapes.blogspot.com/

Josselyn Palma said...

Ahhh, thank u!!!!

Powered by Blogger.