compliment your soul

2 comments
One of the things I have been admiring lately is lyrics. Whether it's super cheesy, pretty detailed, or just a gREAT lyric. Best Coast has three songs because I have been loving them. Here are my favorite musical words lately and a few pictures that I created having the songs in them or just related to the songs:
BEST COAST - JEALOUSY
"We share the same cares
the same ideas.
why don't you like me?
what's with the jealousy?"
So, I feel like this lyric is just the epitome of teen crush!!! It's totally something I would think in high school and maybe even now??? The last few words is also awesome because she's then questioning herself, like "dude, why do I feel this way?!" which is what pretty much everyone thinks at some point in their life!!! I love lyrics that just explain a situation that everyone goes through.
BEST COAST- CALIFORNIA NIGHTS
"California nights,
make me feel so happy I could die."
I mean, c'mon. Pretty self explanatory. I LOVE CALIFORNIA!!!! Of course, I want to visit other states/countries, but I will forever live in this beautiful state. The weather is so perfect all the time and it's so diverse. It has everything I need in life. I would like to take a moment to thank my dad for deciding not to move to New York and instead staying here because thinking about living there kind of gives me anxiety hahahha, BUT I WOULD LOVE TO VISIT.
BEST COAST - HEAVEN SENT
"I just want you to know that I think that you are
heaven sent...."
I hope that one day I will be able to meet someone, doesn't have be in a lovey-dovey way, but that I can say this to. I'm on a mission to find this "heaven sent" person, it'll be tough, but there's someone out there that I can say this to, I know it.  But how beautiful would it be to be able to tell someone that they are heaven sent??!?! OR if someone told you that!?!?! I WOULD CRY.
GIRLPOOL - SLUTMOUTH
"I go to school everyday
just to be made a housewife one day
...
I go to work everyday
just to be slut shamed one day"
This song is about the fucked up side of society and it's a very strong lyric. It really sucks that this is true in so many lives. It's just..yeah, that happens to a lot of people and it's bullshit. Doesn't need much explanation.
FIDLAR - WEST COAST
"I'm so sick of this stupid place
It's so suburban and so boring
I should try and get a life
But I don't want that 9 to 5"
I think I've talked about this song before, but let's just focus on these lyrics. Some people are not meant for what the lyrics describe, most of them being musicians. For my entire life, and maybe yours, we've been told that this is the order your life has to go through: general education > college > marriage > kids > retirement > DIE. How boring does that sound (and kinda sad)?!?!?! (even though this will be my life, but let's hope I make it more interesting with my job/travels/people/etc.) I never realized until I started listening to FIDLAR that some people aren't meant for that life and at first that sounded insane (!!!!) to me, but then it all made sense. WE R ROBOTS. BEEP BOOP. We all basically live the same life!!!! C'mon, doesn't that sound a bit weird to you?!??!
THE GROWLERS - BLACK MEMORIES
"Pretending it will get better when you're not around
finally free but I'm lying to me
searching for the black memories
to show my heart what I need
but nothing puts me at ease"
The Growlers lost their house in a fire, which was where they recorded every album AND lost their drummer/friend the same year so this song is about that. The lyrics pretty much sums when you need to realize what has happened in order to get through it, but thinking about it just hurts even more so there's that feeling where you don't know what to do.
CHERRY GLAZERR - BLOODY BANDAID
"And I like you
And we can crack jokes about poo"
Okay, think of a classic show that you (and many others did too) used to watch all the time as a kid and have watched basically every episode. Since you can't give me your examples at the moment while I'm typing this, I will use mine: Spongebob Squarepants. My sister made this "critique" of how you know your relationship will be a good one or not. She said if you can talk about Spongebob (or your example) for an hour straight, then you've got a good one. Now it may sound ridiculous, but think about it for a second. IT MAKES SENSE!!! If ya can't talk about something completely weird like this, then c'mon what kinda relationship ya got?!?!? Hhahahahaha. This relates to the lyrics because this is a ridiculous (and gross) topic that someone can probably talk about for an hour and if they can find somebody else that can do that, too, YALL R A PERFECT MATCH. I'm tellin' ya, this is pure gold #relationshipgoals advice.
LEWIS WATSON - OUTGROW
"Remember when we were children,
We were just children, singing songs.
Passed down from your father,
Before we started, 
growing old." 
So this just entire song means a lot to me because it's not about relationships and love and stuff, but about growing up, which is something that scares me, family wise. Thinking about losing family members makes me want to drown in my tears because I could never live without them, but it's something everyone goes through. I wish I could stay home and spend all my time with them because of what will happen in the future, but clearly that's not reasonable. I used to always resent my parents because we never lived in a house and had our own yard, etc., just lived in an apartment, but now I realized that's really dumb because the relationship we built is much more important than where we lived. My parents were really good at keeping us (my siblings and I) grounded and were always there when we needed them. This song just reminds me of them and how we all get old and get lost in the stars, but that's O.K.
Aaaaaand yeah!!! Those are some of my favorite lyrics/songs. Here's the spotify playlist if you'd like to listen to them. Music has been an important part of my day lately and I've been trying to be more observant of the lyrics, it's really fun!!!! If ya read all of this, I love you. =^^=

2 comments:

Zoe Thompson said...

I love heavent sent! it just reminds me of easy summery 90s rock. xo

Josselyn Palma said...

Yeah seriously!! such a great song

Powered by Blogger.