OMYGOD!

10 comments
I've done myself wrong once again. Looking back at what I wore this past week made me realize that I haven't been true to myself since moving to San Francisco. I think this is normal, but it sucks that I have taken a step back from myself. Since eighth grade I have been trying to find my own style and in high school I did that and I thought I had finished "renovating" myself from being the person I wanted to be (fashion wise). Y'know I've been educating myself and wearing whatever the hell I want, but when college started for some reason that stopped. Fashion is not a big deal, I know, but it is for me because it's how I truly express myself. Everybody has their own way of expressing themselves and fashion is one way that many people use to do that, including myself. I've always been a fan of wearing long dresses and not matching like..at all, but I stopped doing that once I moved. It's most likely because I went to a completely new city and wasn't comfortable with the new environment yet. I have lived in this small town for yeaaaarrrssss, knowing where everything is and what kind of people lived here, but when I moved 6 hours away, I didn't know anything, I didn't know what kind of people I would see and didn't know what my environment would be. And I guess that stopped me from continuing on the process of being myself. And that sucks. A LOT. Now I have to re-wire my brain to not be afraid of what people think and just wear whatever the hell I want. I'm back to THAT stage, like what the hell!!!!! This might be confusing, but at the same time, I still don't care about what people think. I'm able to do/wear what I want, but there's a certain style that I haven't worn over there, which is the outfit below and my last outfit post. This is what I actually LOOOVE to wear because it's so comfy and flowy and so fun. I love dressing like a grandma!!! So, when I go back, I'm gonna have to start being "brave" again and wear the damn dresses and skirts and mis-matched shit I want!!!!
So, in order to get back on track on being who I am, here's a few tips for my future self when I'm back in SF, and maybe you if ya need help on this!!
  • WHO CARES!??!?! If someone is giving you a funny look, then that's their problem. 
  • If someone is looking at you, stare at them back!!! It'll make them feel very uncomfortable, but make you feel like a million bucks.
  • If your outfit is causing people to look at you, then you did your job at being creative.
  • These people have nothing better to do than to think about YOU so that's cool! Thanks for thinking about me :-)
  • This is YOUR life. Y-O-U-R life so why should you be spending your valuable time in holding you back from doing what you want.
  • You will regret not being yourself in the future, whether it affects you drastically or not.
  • Being yourself is so much fun!!!! So, why should you stop yourself from having fun?
  • You've made some cool ass shit so of course you should wear it, are you kidding!?!?!?
  • If you feel iffy about an outfit because it may be "too" much, YOU'RE DOING YOUR JOB. WEAR IT!!! That's what it's all about. Being or looking ridiculous is so fun so just do it!!!
  • Look back at these outfits and remember how awesome you look!!!

 // top - The Smiths t-shirt from Amoeba // dress - thrifted // socks - Daiso // sandals - Nordstrom Rack // crystal necklace (if you can see it) - Palm Springs // 
Sigh. I'm very disappointed in myself. I feel like I knew this even when I was over there, but didn't want it to be real. Hopefully I become ~*~*fearless!*!**! again. I hope you all are comfortable with yourself and wear whatever you want no matter how "weird" it is because who cares honestly. Love you all and have a great Friday :-)

10 comments:

Cília (When I grow up I want to be a granny) said...

Great tips! I really want to be like you!
The print of the dress is so lovely!

Shelby said...

girl, i feel like this is something i am constantly battling with. fashion used to be my creative outlet, and i feel like i have completely given up. i needed this. i need to get back into the thrift stores, and find my fashion self once again!

Josselyn Palma said...

Thank you so much!!!

Josselyn Palma said...

Yeah!! I'm scared I'll let it go soon so I'm trying to hold onto it as much as I can because it's who I am!! I'm glad this may have helped!

Erin Marie said...

Your boldness is seriously snazzy. I am nowhere near as brave with fashion choices! But you're right, it's my life, why should I care what other people think?

Josselyn Palma said...

I just love going over the top with dresses!! But seriously, everyone will be judged for their whole life, which is very sad, but it's something we have to deal with and learn to ignore!!

Arely said...

I always like to remember that if they don't pay your bills, their opinion doesn't matter! Your outfit is so cool. I think there's so much pressure to know how to dress, but you are right; it doesn't matter how you dress as long as it's fun and makes you happy.

. said...

Your outfit is so so amazing, words can't describe how perfect it is! I just love everything about it ahh! x
fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

Josselyn Palma said...

That's a good saying, so true!! And thank you, honestly dress however you want because at the end of the day, it is your life, not their's!!!

Josselyn Palma said...

Ahh, thank you!!! You're too sweet!!! :-)

Powered by Blogger.