wonders of the brain #1

4 comments
So, just a little (sort of) question or thought I have. I've recently noticed that a lot of people (by people I mean people I see on instagram) advocate for people's rights, of course everyone should, BUT they are also working with a company who pays their workers minimum wage and the makers of their items are treated very poorly (using people of color in developing countries and putting them in sweatshops and not paying them even a dollar an hour). Doesn't that not make sense?

I also understand that some people do need money and need to make a living, and some do that by collaborating with big companies..
BUT
that's completely defeating the purpose of them preaching "PEOPLE'S RIGHTS!"....right?
You can't just go around telling people we need to take care of each other because the government sure as hell isn't, but then you turn around and are making money off some brand that makes their clothes in Bangladesh? It just isn't right and doesn't fit.
Or am I wrong? Are there any cons to my argument? Let me know what you think!!!
(I might start doing this more often because I sometimes have questions and would like people's opinions!) =^^=

4 comments:

Shelby said...

AMEN!

Josselyn Palma said...

I'm glad you agree, Shelby!!

melody said...

I agree!!! I think that if you condone something then do something that makes you indirectly support it, you're kind of in the wrong. I also understand though, that we need to make money, and lots of people want to be successful, and this success and money, often comes from big, problematic companies which is really frustrating. Ugh, I totally agree with what you're saying though, it's a difficult one x

Josselyn Palma said...

Seriously, it's hard to go to one side, but if someone truly believes in something and condones the opposite, then maybe they're not so passionate about it..?? I don't know!!! Blahhh!!!

Powered by Blogger.