"YOU" - Monet

Leave a Comment
Y'know, every day you meet someone new, whether a clerk at a store or someone who you accidentally bumped into. Many don't really make an impression in your life, but some do...that's Monet. She's possibly the most outgoing person I have met who just really does what she wants. When you first meet her, you already know she is a very confident person. When I asked her whether she's been like this all her life, to my surprise, she responds with a no. "In elementary I hung out with the shy group, but I was always outgoing in the inside, but for some reason not the outside." To me, it's craazzzyyyy how much people can change. Your brain develops every second of every day. You're learning new things that are changing the way you think and it just adds on and on and on and on. I admire Monet very much for bringing herself to become outgoing and become friends with those who were like her: sociable.
A few randoms fact about Monet are: 
  • she loves Malcolm in the Middle 
  • favorite person: her mom
  • she thinks feet are very cute
  • favorite song: What Do You Wanna Do (Feat. Dirty Radio) - Jean Tonique
One issue I wanted to bring up to everyone was about the Internet. Social media right now is mayhem. Racism, feminism, issues involving social construct, etc. Everyone is revealing their opinions in each of these, which makes people go crazy (because they may not agree with them). I was curious to see what Monet would say about these topics and what she found most interesting. She mentioned the race issues that have been flying left and right, involving the police. She didn't have much of an opinion, just that people may assume too much because of a specific event.
As a reminder, for each person I talk with, I want to share some things that I was reminded of or learned so here's that:
When Monet talked about how ridiculous it is to care what others think about you it sounded just...dumb...WHICH IT IS. People should just do whatever they want!!! We only live once, y'all (unless you believe in reincarnation, but what if you come back a...bird?!?!? UR NOT HUMAN ANYMORE!!!) Anyways...honestly, just do you. That is probably one of the best advice I have ever gotten because it can just make you 32907489723 times happier. It's tough to not care, we grow up in a society where there are beauty standards, but y'know what, everyone is beautiful, those beauty standards are a social construct!!!!! Without intending it, she also made me realize to get rid of the negativity in our life. If something or someone is making you unhappy...get rid of 'em!!! Again, it may not be easy, but it will make your life so much better. Life is too short to live in negativity!!! What I did learn from Monet was that we just have to pay attention. To..well..EVERYTHING!! Your life, social media, the world, your own choices, etc..even what you eat!!! A lot of those things have negative aspects, BUT don't let that bring your entire life down. Being aware isn't always bad, just as long as you don't let those negative aspects bring you entirely down, you're fine!!! Hopefully that makes sense...
Well, there ya have it!!! First post of "YOU". Thank you so much to Monet who volunteered to be a part of this, it means A LOT. You helped me open my eyes a bit more and I am so VERY grateful for that!! Hope you all (including you, Monet) liked the first post, it took me a while, but I'm pretty proud of the result. Love you all =^^=

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.